4 Useful “Tools of the Trade”
The record keeping is probably the first thing that comes to mind. But not the only one. Because there is also the management of document flows, as well as the import and sharing of information. Why not get help?
Each activity, to be carried out, requires the use of special “tools of the trade”. Document management is certainly no exception. Only, in this case, the “tools of the trade” are special programs that make work more efficient. Like these four useful software for document management, which simplify the activity in all its facets.
What is Document Management
Before listing some of the more useful programs, it is worth spending a few words to say what document management is. Specifically, these are the procedures, practices, flows and technologies designed to guarantee the “correct administration of documents from production to storage”.
The definition applies, without distinction, both to the public sphere and to the private one. Simplifying, document management deals with:
- To share;
- To preserve;
- both paper and digital documents.
What is Document Software
A document management system is software that facilitates the three activities listed in the previous point, namely the creation, sharing and storage of documents. The advantage is that many activities are automated, making the whole process simpler, faster and, consequently, much more efficient.
Programs to Manage and Archive Documents
It is a program made entirely by Bucap. Piuma is a web-based software that allows those who use it to manage the IT protocol in an optimal manner. More specifically, Piuma is a complete system for the management and organization of document flows in the current phase: reception, registration and classification.
Piuma is recommended for:
- Optimize document management activities;
- Manage the entire life cycle of the document in an integrated and efficient manner, from the current phase to the deposit phase;
- Sort all documents in a logical and functional scheme;
- Protect and safeguard documents, which represent the “historical memory” of the entity or company.
Alfresco is a platform for electronic management and data sharing. This software (of which Bucap is a system integrator) automates document-based business processes and enables complete and large-scale collaboration. Since it is cloud connected, you can work from virtually anywhere with Alfresco.
Alfresco is recommended for:
- Manage unstructured business documents and content;
- Encourage and simplify collaboration processes on a large scale;
- Optimize the acquisition, certification and publication of all content and documents relating to business processes.
By Data Warehouse we mean a set of data and information which, if properly managed, represent the heart of the company strategy and a distinctive element of the company itself. Such data must be refined and interpreted, in order to offer a solid basis for the development of future strategies.
Pentaho is a completely open source business intelligence software that helps in the management, analysis and reporting of strategic company data.
Pentaho is recommended for:
- Monitor the KPIs useful for measuring business processes;
- Extract information from multiple departments and share them in a simple and homogeneous way with all company resources involved in a given process;
- Direct strategic business decisions;
- Reduce manual work and introduce automated processes.
Ephesoft is a platform that allows you to simplify the management of multichannel inputs, the classification of structured, semi-structured or text-only documents, the extrapolation of metadata from a document and the review of the results.
Ephesoft is recommended for:
- Having cloud-friendly software that can be deployed on-premise;
- Concentrate key functionalities for document management;
- Set up a classification method that requires a minimum sample of documents;
- Significantly reduce implementation times;
- Use open standards that are compatible with multiple platforms;
- Budget operating costs related to system productivity versus capital costs.
Open source document management
By open source document management we mean document management that uses open source programs: this term indicates software that, by permission of the owners of the creation rights, can be freely modified and adapted by users, provided that the new code or the new version are in turn made available to all in open source mode.